* 669 St. Marks Avenue – an 1891 Queen Anne/Romanesque Revival-style home and stables, this mansion was built by the renown builder Stephen Morehouse Randall for his family. Deep research showed it to have been owned by such 19th century figures as Edward C. Delavan, the “Apostle of Temperance,” John D. Cutter, the Brooklyn silk merchant, and a millionaire Brooklyn Parks Commissioner, Jacob G. Dettmer. A visit to the Department of Buildings further produced detailed architectural drawings and building plans – for the stables! Subsequent owners of the property included a dentist who lost the house in a foreclosure action during the Great Depression, a doctor who prescribed whiskey during Prohibition and abortions during the War, followed by an extended Canadian/West Indies family which, under the ownership of various members, managed the property as a boarding house. The property is currently owned by two gentlemen who plan to renovate the house – one of whom manages a brokerage, and the other, a former tennis professional turned investor.