* 494 Second Street – an 1892 brownstone, located between 6th and 7th avenues, this structure was built upon the farmland of Nicholas Vechte, who constructed the “Old Stone House” at Washington Park. Owned afterwards by a Cowenhoven and a few Cortelyous, Edwin Litchfield, who built Prospect Park’s Litchfield Manor was one of the last to own the property before a Mrs. Jennie L. Ross submitted archtictural drawings to construct No. 494. After losing the property in a foreclosure suit, it was sold to a chemist by the name of Albert G. C. Hahn who worked as a consultant for George Eastman of the Eastman Kodak Co. Future owners included the veterinary surgeon for the Brooklyn & Queens Borough Fire Departments, a professor of music who ran the Conservatory of Music out of the house, the Ordnance Sergeant of the Thirteenth Regiment of the Sumner Armory. These owners were followed later by a public school teach who ran track at Madison High School with 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.